Raspberry Pi NAS and Plex Media Server
Image Zip file containing a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B compatible image with latest Open Media Vault network attached storage (NAS) and Plex Media Server and a interactive master menu to easily setup up your network, attached storage, network shares and upgrade Plex Media Server version painlessly without losing your libraries. With the Wi-Fi headless configuration you can also connect your Raspberry Pi on boot up to your Wi-Fi network. Once purchased and downloaded the extracted image is then written to a MicroSD card and inserted into your Raspberry Pi turning your Raspberry Pi into an instant Open Media Vault NAS and Plex Media Server.
Great and inexpensive if you don't want to spend time loading and configuring a NAS and Plex Media Server on a Raspberry Pi yourself. The Pi3 has sufficient processing power and memory to make a great little intermediate NAS and media server. No need to look any further, this image is all you need to get up and running, quickly!
Worried about latest Plex Media Server version release?, not to worry, run the included menu for UNLIMITED upgrades DIRECTLY from Plex.tv, no third party Repositories or software needed!!!!. Yes, that means whatever version you buy here has unlimited upgrades to the newest version and any future upgrades without breaking your libraries!!!!
Easy Windows and MAC friendly setup instructions. Additional features, toolsets and specifications are detailed further below.
Simply click Add to Cart to add the latest or newest Raspberry Pi NAS and Plex Media Server version.
Plexpy (pronounced Plex Pie) is a monitoring system written in python and designed specifically for Plex which displays nice graphs and statistics about your Plex Media Server which you may require for the following reasons;
- Monitor who is watching your Plex Library and when
- To understand what types of devices are being used
- Track down which players are causing transcoding to occur
- To know what is most popular in your library
- To know what media is synced to where and to whom
Interactive menu content:
- Network Configuration Menu- Configure network options.
- Resize 3rd Partition - Resize partition 3.
- Plex Configuration - Upgrade or change PMS version.
- Exit - Exit this menu without rebooting.
- Exit & Reboot - Exit and reboot your Raspberry Pi.
- About - About this configuration tool.
- Install Wireless AP - Setup Raspberry Pi onboard Wi-Fi as wireless hotspot.
- Install Wireless client - Connect Raspberry Pi to existing network (WPA-PSK).
- Set static LAN IP - Setup a static Ethernet IPv4 address.
- Install DNS/DHCP Server - Setup Raspberry Pi as DNS and DHCP server (Ethernet).
- IP Forward & Masquerade (Ethernet) - When onboard ethernet adapter is connected to internet.
- IP Forward & Masquerade (Wi-Fi) - When onboard wireless adapter is connected to internet.
- Restore Network Config - Restores the original default raspbian os network configurations.
- Exit - Return to main menu without rebooting.
The network menu configuration options easily configure the Plex Media Server as a access point server (Wireless AP ) or join your raspberry pi to a existing Wi-Fi network (Wireless Client). Ease of setup for Wireless AP or Wireless Client is achieved by simply selecting a option from the interactive network menu. Wireless AP allows client devices and applications to connect directly to the Raspberry Pi to consume streaming content. Wireless Client allows the Raspberry Pi to connect to an existing wireless network where any clients on the existing wireless network can access the the Raspberry Pi to consume streaming content. Wi-Fi configurations can work together or simultaneously with the LAN Ethernet adapter regardless of the LAN adapter configuration, by default the LAN interface is set to acquire a IPv4 address unless the Install DNS/DHCP Server or Set static LAN IP option is used. IP Forwarding and Masquerading can be used to configure your Raspberry Pi PMS as a internet enabled Wi-Fi hotspot. DNS and DHCP are automatically deployed in Wireless AP option, however if you need your Raspberry Pi to also be a standalone Ethernet connected server then Install DNS/DHCP Server option.
• Pre-installed Open Media Vault (Version Chosen during Purchase) provides a instant fully functional NAS solution.
• Pre-installed Plex Media Server (Version Chosen during this Purchase) provides a instant Media Server solution.
• Pre-installed Plexpy system web based statistical PMS monitoring utilities.
• 30 page pictorial and detailed quick start guide, eBook Setup guide for Openmediavault (Version Chosen during purchase) and Plexmediaserver (Version Chosen during purchase), provides easy to understand concise instruction to get you up and running in a matter of minutes.
• Pre-installed additional transcoding tools.(*.mkv, *.mp4, *.avi and *.DivX)
• Bonus tools downloads links included.
• Product Type- Zip File
• Download File Size - +- 786Mb extracts to 3.7Gb and then resizes the file system to fully utilize your MicroSD card.
• Plexpy Version 1.4.17
• Memory-SD - 8Gb or greater, recommend writing to class 10 or higher microSDHC UHS-I card (not supplied).
• Product Type- PDF Document
• WIN32DiskImager - Disk imaging application. (12Mb)
• FileZilla - FTP Client application. (6,4Mb)
|Open Media Vault Version|
• Debian Linux (Jessie) OS
• Web based administration
• Easy system updates via Debian package management
• Scheduled jobs
• Multilanguage support
• Service announcement via DNS-SD
• Plugin system
• Link aggregation
• Wake On Lan
• IPv6 support
• SNMP (v1/2c/3) (read-only)
• Email notifications
• Proactive process and system state monitoring
• NFS (v3/v4)
• With the plugin system it is possible to add additional services, e.g.
• LDAP Directory Service
• Bittorrent client
• DAAP server
• iSCSI Target
|220.127.116.1134||• Any Format - Support for all file types (well, virtually all), including hi-fi music and video formats.
• Available Anywhere - Stream all of your media to all your devices, anytime, anywhere, with the same beautiful experience on all of them. (iOS, Android, and Windows apps require a one-time unlock fee for full playback if you do not have a Plex Pass.)
• Library Organization - Organize all of your media–videos, photos, and music–and make it beautiful with artwork and info like plot summaries, bios, and more.
• Privacy and Security - Enjoy your media while away from home, knowing your connection is securely encrypted.
• Sharing - Effortlessly share libraries among friends to all discover and enjoy even more content together.
• Recommendations and Discovery - Enjoy beautifully organized libraries that help you find and re-discover great gems in your collection.
• No Storage Limit - Store and stream as much as you have on your server or storage device, without sacrificing quality, security, or performance.
• Online Channels - Get online content from various sources, like TED Talks, NPR, Spike, Comedy Central, and Soundcloud, right in Plex.
• Remote Control - Use the Plex app on your phone or tablet to control any Plex player.
• Casting - Cast content from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to your TV for large screen viewing via Chromecast.
• Flinging - Start content on one device and fling it to another app to continue enjoying it.
• Media Optimizer - Create optimized versions of your media for seamless streaming on whichever device you choose.
• Watch Later - Save online videos to watch later or recommend videos to a friend.
Changelog - Version 18.104.22.16834
•(Transcoder) Fix an issue with transcodes failing with long Windows user names. (#6709)
|1.4.17||• Monitoring - Monitor current activity on your Plex Media Server.
• Statistics - View statistics about your most popular media.
• History - Log activity and watch history for all your users.
• Graphs - View your streaming trends with beautiful graphs.
• Notifications - Get notified of activity and events on your server.
• Recently Added - Know when new content is added to your Plex library.
• Sync - Check synced content to all your mobile devices.
• Media Info - Examine media info for all the content in your libraries.
• Customizable - Tweak the vast number settings to your liking.
• Cross Platform - Install on any platform you want that supports Python.
Changelog v1.4.17 (2017-03-04)
New: Configurable month range for the Plays by month graph. (Thanks @Pbaboe)
New: Option to chanage the week to start on Monday for the the Plays by day of week graph. (Thanks @Pbaboe)
Fix: Invalid iOS icon file paths. (Thanks @demonbane)
Fix: Plex Web 3.0 URLs on info pages and notifications.
Fix: Update bitcoin donation link to Coinbase.
Fix: Update init scripts. (Thanks @ampsonic)